Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What You Need To Know About Cooking Eggs


"How to Cook an egg," asked one of my e-newsletter subscribers. Being in the restaurant business for more than 20 years, I was not surprised by the request.

I am actually met chefs who could not boil an egg, let alone cook an egg over easy.

This demand began to think about my egg cooking experiences.

High school home economics class was my only real experience before I was married and do not think that sink in.

The only thing I remember about the class in the root of the creation of Eggs ala Goldenrod (which I still love) and beating an egg, and then measuring it in tablespoons for the needs of the recipes requires that half of an egg. I never, ever come across another recipe requiring half an egg.

I never learned how to boil an egg.

That is basically a new (young) bride, I had to start from scratch. I married a very nice egg eating and after scolded for imperfect over easy eggs, I started throwing eggs away if they were not "just right."

I should have finished throwing away dozens of eggs and egg perfecting my cooking skills. I thought she must be a slow learner. I just had to learn how to cook an egg! He is aware, spared my husband will have a nice lectured me about the food wastes. But as the words of the song "Margaritaville" Say, I thought it was "cursed his guilt." I never did reveal my secrets.

Practice does not make perfect, he said, and eventually I learned how to boil an egg.

After the first death of my husband (no, not my cooking), I have a wonderful married another man. I was pleased with what I can cook perfect eggs over easy for him.

Since the thoughtful man he is, he is not mentioned for some time that he really preferred his eggs over hard.

Oh, cruelties life! I do not mind saying that it is very difficult for me to break the yolks!

Other related posts:


0 comments:

Post a Comment